Unless you're a wedding planner, work in the wedding industry, or you're the last of your friends + family to get married, you probably have no experience prior to your wedding day on what to organize! My job is to educate you on best preparing for your day. I'm currently working on a magazine that will have all the tips you need to best prepare for wedding photography, but for now, here are the top things to have ready for your photographer when they arrive. Having these things ready will take your mind off of one less thing, and make your photographer so happy!
1. Have a details box. This could be the shoe box your wedding shoes came in (or in a tote)!
Things to put in the box:
- Your invitation suite (Save the Date, invite, RSVP card, etc.)
- Your shoes
- Any jewelry you're wearing that day
- The rings. All three of them! Wait to give them to the Best Man after the photographer photographs them. This saves time of your photographer having to chase him down.
- Perfume, garter, hair piece, letter to your groom/mom, and any other details you want photographed.
2. Your dress (and veil if you have one).
Extra points if you have it hanging on a wooden hanger. It'll make the pictures look significantly better! Make sure it will stay on the hanger, and not slide off!
3. The bouquets and boutonnieres.
It saves a lot of time and allows for the best pictures if you have the flowers ready for the photographer when they arrive! Make sure to have them delivered to the place you're getting ready. Most of the time, I use bouquets to add to the detail shots, and if they're not there at the start of the day, I'm chasing them down later on.
Of course, if you have any other things you want photographed, put them on your list! As I said before, I suggest making a box designated for details to give to your photographers when they arrive. This will make the day start off on a great foot, and will help you get the best pictures possible!