Ali Leigh Behind the Scenes in Squares | April 14-17
We kicked off wedding season this weekend with a road trip to Des Moines, Iowa! For those of you who don't know, I moved from WI to Des Moines at the start of my freshman year of high school. I lived in the area all the way through college and up until May of 2015 when I married Tay!
So, my ties are deep there. Best friends, family, running into great friends at restaurants + parks, and years of memories compiled into one beautiful city. If you've never checked out Des Moines, you definitely should. It wins all sorts of awards so I'm not the only one with a deep love for the city! ;)
I'll be traveling quite a bit this summer so to keep you updated, I thought it'd be fun to share the behind the scenes of my weekends!
Week one to kick it off:
This weekend included:
- blossoming trees
- crashing friends' connection group at Smokey Row
- breakfast and catching up on the patio at La Mie
- juice at The Juice Company
- walking around downtown (sculpture park, East Village, the riverfront, etc.
- spending time admiring Anthropologie with a good friend, Chels
- drinks + Gusto Pizza at a new conversation bar, Juniper Moon (SO great! Check it out if you're in the area. You order the pizza in a little telephone booth!). *Tay and I were doing 30 days of clean eating, and he caved a bit at the rehearsal of wedding he was at so I had some pizza. We're back at 100% it this week. ;)
- 2 of the most different people sat down next to us at Juniper Moon and we had invigorating conversations with strangers all night. Why doesn't that happen more often?!
- An INCREDIBLE wedding with Kim & Mark. More to come on that. For now here's a sneak peek of how stunning it was:
- Wandering East Village on Sunday morning for a client meeting (turns out everything's closed in that neighborhood on Sunday haha). I wrapped up the weekend with meeting a bride & groom at Smokey Row.
- Then LOTS and lots of podcasts on the drive home, and pure happiness cuddling Tay and Luna. Nothing compares to being with our little family of 3. :)
Stay tuned for more squares next weekend!